Karim Belabas on Thu, 11 Feb 2016 18:52:37 +0100

Re: Console-interaction scheme changed since version 2.4 and is since no more functional for my Pari/GP-GUI (Windows)

* Bill Allombert [2016-02-09 20:32]:
> On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 12:54:31PM +0100, Gottfried Helms wrote:
[...]
> >  So my question is, how I could reactivate the communicativity of my
> >  PariTTY-GUI to be able to adapt the version to the increasing versions
> >  of Pari/GP itself.
> >  Alternatively, could there be another commandline-parameter introduced,
> >  which switches to a modus, which postfixes each GP-output with the GP-prompt
> >  via the STDOUT?
> >
> >  (Or is there an even better idea to perform interaction without
> >  using the complete pari-lib API?)
>
> I suggest you look at the option --texmacs of GP which provides the
> most robust interface for two way communication.

I would also suggest to have a look at examples/minigp.c: it should be
simpler to simply evaluate strings on your side (and do something with
the GEN result, e.g. convert them to characters strings ready for output)
than to set up and communicate with a separate gp process.

N.B. Have a look in git's 'master' branch, which implements a (nearly)
full-fledged gp in 30 lines [ the one from 2.7.* lacks a lot of features
because the necessary modules had not yet been moved to libpari ].

Cheers,

    K.B.
--
Karim Belabas, IMB (UMR 5251)  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite de Bordeaux         Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50