Jeroen Demeyer on Fri, 06 Feb 2015 14:56:24 +0100

Re: Install Perl scripts with #!/usr/bin/env perl

Karim, Bill,

I don't care much about which solution you implement, but it would be nice to have *some* solution.

That being said, my personal preference goes to a --with-runtime-perl argument. In configure scripts, environment variables usually influence the build system only. I would expect $PERL to change the build-time Perl, not the Perl used in the installed scripts.

Cheers,
Jeroen.