John Cremona on Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:59:15 +0100

Re: ellnonsingularmultiple ?

The definition is clear to me!

I use the term "Tamagawa exponent" for n = lcm of the exponents of the
component groups, i.e. n such that n*P has good reduction at all
primes;  this is almost the same as the lcm of the Tamagawa numbers,
not quite because there's one case where the component group is C2xC2
so has exponent 2 but order 4.

Your n is more refined since it is specific to the point P.  It is the
lcm of the exact orders of P in the component groups at all primes p,
so if you were only returning n then I would suggest a name like
ellcomponent order.  But your name is OK, I think, given that pari
function names are not the prettiest anyway.....

John