Bill Allombert on Wed, 10 Oct 2012 23:34:57 +0200

Re: PARI timeline

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:54:02PM +0200, wrote:
> You would have to ask the two people in question, but
> I believe that GC was written by Christian Batut,
> and GP by Bernardi. Second, You should add that Bernardi
> wrote and maintained the Mac version for many years.
> Third, you should mention that the last historical
> version of Pari/GP before version 2, in use for quite
> a number of years (until 1995) was 1.39.

I found an announcement for PARI 1.39. Could you check it is
genuine ?

"January 16, 1995 Announcement of the Pari-1.39 release"

I also found
"The macintosh version of Pari 1.39  has been released"

Unfortunately no date is given.
This one has "Paris, september 27th, 1993"

If anyone feel like doing software archeology, please search for links to PARI versions
not available at <>