Bill Allombert on Wed, 10 Oct 2012 23:34:57 +0200

Re: PARI timeline

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:54:02PM +0200, Henri.Cohen@math.u-bordeaux1.fr wrote:
> You would have to ask the two people in question, but
> I believe that GC was written by Christian Batut,
> and GP by Bernardi. Second, You should add that Bernardi
> wrote and maintained the Mac version for many years.
> Third, you should mention that the last historical
> version of Pari/GP before version 2, in use for quite
> a number of years (until 1995) was 1.39.

I found an announcement for PARI 1.39. Could you check it is
genuine ?

<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~bill/pari1.39.txt>
"January 16, 1995 Announcement of the Pari-1.39 release"

I also found
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/mac/OLD/MacPari-1.39.README>
"The macintosh version of Pari 1.39  has been released"

Unfortunately no date is given.
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/mac/OLD/Pari-1.38.mac.README>
This one has "Paris, september 27th, 1993"

If anyone feel like doing software archeology, please search for links to PARI versions
not available at <http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/>