John Cremona on Wed, 15 Feb 2012 20:53:22 +0100

Re: Elliptic modular functions

I agree with the proposal to have a new prefix, not ell-, to these
functions.  Perhaps mod- would be best.  I always thought the elliptic
curve chapter in the manual was strange having these functions which
neither create nor act on elliptic curves.

If there is a deprecation policy, the old versions of the names should
still be allowed for a while.

John