John Cremona on Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:52:19 +0100

Fwd: parallel make

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Cremona <>
Date: 19 January 2012 15:50
Subject: parallel make
To: Pari Developers <>

I normally build much faster using "make -j" instead of plain "make".
Now I was just trying "./Configure --tune" for the first time, and I
see that it is doing a full build (and I expect it will do this more
than once given the estimated time for this given in the manual).

If the Makefiles used $MAKE instead of make, then this could also be
sped up via the user setting (e.g.) export MAKE='make -j' before
starting.  Is there any reason why this would not work?