Bill Allombert on Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:18:30 +0200

Re: factor

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 01:47:55PM +0200, hb3@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de wrote:
> hi,
>
> I tend to get error messages when computing the following:
>
> n = 44731006890004199198107; factor(n)
>
> this actually came up in computing the discriminant of the normal closure
> of x^4-x-4. I used a recent incarnation of pari for windows, but the same
> error occurs in the latest version for development downloaded this monday.

Hello Franz,

What kind of error message do you get ?

It happens that we have fixed yesterday a Windows-specific bug in the use of temporary files
which are used by our MPQS implementation used to factor this number, but I do not
know whether this is related to your problem.