Bill Allombert on Tue, 10 May 2011 11:42:20 +0200

Re: allocatemoremem() backwards compatibility

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 09:57:10AM +0200, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does the libpari function allocatemem() behave the same as the old
> function allocatemoremem()?

Not really. allocatemem() end with cb_pari_err_recover(), while allocatemoremem()
did not.

> I think you should add a declaration in pariold.h for allocatemoremem().
>  Some external programs use that function.

allocatemoremem() was removed because it was not safe to use in most case.
Also the documentation stated that it returned void, while in fact it was returning
a long.

How did you use that function ?