John Cremona on Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:39:14 +0200

Re: some glitches in make test-all

Here's a suggestion regarding the optional packages:

As well as seadata.tgz (18.7M) you have seadata-small.tgz,  655 KBy,
which is nice and small and suffices to let "make test-all" pass.

Why not create an elldata-small.tgz too?  Containing just the e0
directory.  It would be a lot smaller than elldata.tgz (13.8M) and
would also let the ellglobalred part of test-all pass (since that
tests all elliptic curves with conductors up to 10000).

Next suggestion:  include all the small data files in the download
distribution by default.  I guess this will be unpopular since
pari-2.4.2.alpha.tar.gz is itself only  2183 K but these days
downloading a couple of megabytes is hardly noticeable.