Jeroen Demeyer on Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:01:52 +0200

matkerint versus matsnf

Hello pari-dev,

If I want to compute a Z-basis of the kernel of a matrix, the most obvious GP function would be matkerint(). However, that does a LLL-reduction which is not needed for my application.

The kernel of an integral matrix can also be found using matsnf(). In many cases, matsnf is faster if the matrix has more columns than rows (more unknowns than relations).

Considering this, I think that it makes sense to add a flag to matkerint() indicating that matsnf should be used.

Let me know what you think about this.

Cheers,
Jeroen.