Karim Belabas on Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:01:26 +0200

Re: Static analyzer run

* Bill Allombert [2009-09-16 12:46]:
> Commited in revision 11921. I find very unfortunate that gerepileall
> take an explicit argument number. I was hopping for some preprocessing
> trickery to avoid that, but I found none.

Neither did I when I orignally implemented it.

> We should probably change it to a NULL-terminated list instead, though
> this would cause other problems with argument accidentally equal to

Valid arguments cannot be equal to NULL unless we actually want to
terminate the list at this point and ignore all following arguments.

This wouldn't be nice for another reaѕon: the gerepileall() function
should be as fast as possible, and it needs to know its number of
arguments before starting to actually process them. I don't want to
traverse the arg list twice to count them first...

Karim Belabas, IMB (UMR 5251)  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite Bordeaux 1          Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50
351, cours de la Liberation    http://www.math.u-bordeaux1.fr/~belabas/
F-33405 Talence (France)       http://pari.math.u-bordeaux1.fr/  [PARI/GP]