Bill Allombert on Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:48:25 +0200

Re: elldata updates

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 03:21:18PM +0100, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> The elldata package was built in Sep 2006 from J. E. Cremona's
> Elliptic Curve Data.
> Cremona updated this data in Jan 2009
> http://www.warwick.ac.uk/staff/J.E.Cremona/ftp/data/jan2009
> with some corrections and the addition of a complete list of all
> integral points on all curves in the database.

Yes, but as far as I understand, none of these changes affect the
content of the elldata package: only the files paricurves are used,
and they do not include the integral points.

> Is the conversion from Cremona's data to the PARI file simple
> for someone to explain to me, so that I could build a new version
> of the PARI elldata, or should I wait for it to be built ?

Unfortunately no, though this is essentially trivial.