|Bill Allombert on Wed, 21 May 2008 11:02:40 +0200|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|Re: bnfinit perhaps getting stuck?|
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:45:18PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote: > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 08:09:18PM +0000, Phil Carmody wrote: > > > > Extrapolating how long I ran that most recent verbose run, and how > > long I ran the original, I would have expected to have found 171 > > relations. Is the hard and non-deterministic work all done after the > > requisite number of relations is found? > > Not really, but the problem is to find _useful_ relations, and sometime > we find a lot of useless relations that artificially inflate the cglob > number and slow down the process (that is something I try to fix). > > Look at the rate the number after 'more relations needed' is decreasing. > > 171 is not to bad, so maybe you will succeed. I will try it with my > patches. Well, so it actually finished in 152h, 18mn, 19,696, with 2Gb of stack and \p400. I was pessimistic. The short result is that the field is principal (under GRH of course). The full result (21018130 bytes) http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~bill/bnfpc.gz The \g1 log (53041 bytes) http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~bill/bnfpc.log Thanks for providing this interesting polynomial. Cheers, Bill.