Bill Allombert on Wed, 21 May 2008 11:02:40 +0200

Re: bnfinit perhaps getting stuck?

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:45:18PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 08:09:18PM +0000, Phil Carmody wrote:
> >
> > Extrapolating how long I ran that most recent verbose run, and how
> > long I ran the original, I would have expected to have found 171
> > relations. Is the hard and non-deterministic work all done after the
> > requisite number of relations is found?
> Not really, but the problem is to find _useful_ relations, and sometime
> we find a lot of useless relations that artificially inflate the cglob
> number and slow down the process (that is something I try to fix).
> Look at the rate the number after 'more relations needed' is decreasing.
> 171 is not to bad, so maybe you will succeed. I will try it with my
> patches.

Well, so it actually finished in 152h, 18mn, 19,696, with 2Gb of stack
and \p400. I was pessimistic.

The short result is that the field is principal (under GRH of course).

The full result (21018130 bytes)

The \g1 log (53041 bytes)

Thanks for providing this interesting polynomial.