Jeroen Demeyer on Sun, 09 Dec 2007 20:00:36 +0100

Re: FFELT: how to recover the field?

Bill Allombert wrote:
Why are sqrtn(x,p) and x^(1/p) less obvious ?

Karim Belabas wrote:
What's wrong with sqrtn(x,p) ?

Okay, true.  I guess I was thinking too much as a programmer instead of
a mathematician.  By the way, these functions don't work for finite
field POLMODs, so it's not *that* obvious :-)

Karim Belabas wrote:
It doesn't seem to be possible currently (only x.p and x.pol work).
I'll add x.mod to the allowed member functions

Maybe you could also add lift(x) to make things more analogous to POLMODs.

Thanks!
Jeroen.