Bill Allombert on Thu, 01 Nov 2007 00:17:14 +0100

Re: default() in libPARI

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 05:47:21PM +0100, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> After searching through the documentation, I couldn't find any
> information on how to use default() in library mode.  I would like to
> set factor_proven = 1.  My apologies if it is somewhere in the manual.

In practice, see the Description field in the file
src/functions/programming/default.

For factor_proven, just do
factor_proven=1;
idem for
new_galois_format and factor_add_primes

> Also, what happens (in library mode, or in GP) when factor() with
> factor_proven == 1 finds a non-prime factor?  Is there an easy way to
> detect that?

You get a warning:
"IFAC: pseudo-prime %Z\n\tis not prime. PLEASE REPORT!\n"

But I doubt it will ever happen with the current code.