Ryan Govostes on Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:33:04 +0200
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Mac OS Cross-compiling
- From: Ryan Govostes <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:26:00 -0400
- Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:33:04 +0200
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:content-type:to:from:subject:date:x-mailer; b=AV/PuUAP+QknIURonBEkpfW3LCF5TjUi3vg3nMGsB8DzS6v7Eui8qhQm9iyjOYFBw0XQIFEjueMAvnv3OaKrFZFWU5bBw5GIpTRNmIRuEy/SWmMccznnW8f8LV42lzVZaCuDPLYDMqeRe40mG/QMgc58QB4/R1aO0yuADBGoY00=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:content-type:to:from:subject:date:x-mailer; b=AeJDcGqoSJ/X1ukrUtJYMR/r5yczMdLq8LokhYCoDP835KYI+q82W3vraQgv8jkTgtcMf5P1mo74jRbnW/uzqdo0BKRjEYkF5jZ+brpJY6rURHcmDjFyFdPTTEvktJ+G2a6ejcxgBpmXDyRHNMQvqMn5dbrNiCYU9ryvrDqgmJw=
- Mailing-list: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
I use a PPC Mac but I've needed to build libpari for i386-based Macs,
too. Unfortunately, it required a bit of tweaking to get this to
work. I think the configure script needs to be updated so that these
changes aren't necessary.
I haven't tested the reverse process (building for PPC on an i386 Mac).
config/arch-osname always returns the current computer's architecture
and OS type, even if the user specifies a different host via the --
host option on the configuration script.
In order to build for i386-darwin, I replaced this file with a single
Now the CC_FLAVOR variable has to be changed in the Odarwin-i386/
Makefile. First, you have to specify the architecture to build for,
and also the SDK root for all system files.
CC_FLAVOR = -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
Continue building as regular...