Vincent Lefevre on Sat, 27 Jan 2007 03:11:03 +0100

Re: GMP build on OSX

On 2007-01-26 20:44:52 -0500, Jason Martin wrote:
> I believe that the GMP source code implements memory management via a
> set of macros: TMP_DECL, TMP_MARK, TMP_ALLOC, TMP_FREE, etc.  By
> default on most platforms, these pickup the standard C library memoy
> allocation functions during the configure stage.  However, you can
> certainly edit the header files to include your own memory management
> functions.

GMP has two sets of memory management functions. TMP_DECL, TMP_MARK,
TMP_ALLOC, TMP_FREE are internal ones, only for temporary values of
small size. Otherwise, GMP uses malloc/realloc/free by default, see
Section "Custom Allocation" in the GMP manual.

Vincent Lefèvre <> - Web: <>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <>