Prof. J. E. Cremona on Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:13:02 +0100

Re: Two suggestions about elldata

A small adjustment to Bill's suggestion might be easier to use:

forell(E,N=N1,N2, seq )

where simultaneously N runs through conductors from N1 to N2 and E is
assigned to the successive curves of conductor N in turn;  moreover E
should be assigned ot the full data in the database, so
E=[E[1],E[2],E[3]] = [id string,  coeffs,  points].

I suggest also keeping the single string for the id, but providing a
little utility function as in my first posting to expand the id code
into a triple [N,"class",num].

If that could be implemented it would cover all possible uses that I can
see!

John

--
 Prof. J. E. Cremona             |
 University of Nottingham        | Tel.:  +44-115-9514920