Ilya Zakharevich on Thu, 24 Nov 2005 05:38:06 +0100

Graphic support in CVS

Hello all,

Looks like support for output via "Gnuplot terminals" has slipped via
the cracks.  With August CVS version I can see

  --graphic=<gr> graphic library used (default X11) (none X11 Qt
        gnuplot gnuplot-dynamic builtin.X11-gnuplot

With current CVS the supported list is much shorter.

I checked, and gnuplot support works fine in the August version (did

  ./Configure --graphic=builtin.X11-gnuplot-dynamic
  make bench

  perl -MCPAN 'install Term::Gnuplot'
  cd Osol*
      ploth(X=1,33, sin(X))

- all this from memory, so there may be some misprints).

P.S.  As usual with, you better configure it to install to
      private directory; then put the directory on your PERL5LIB
      environment variable.

         perl -MCPAN -e shell
	      o conf makepl_arg LIB=~/perllib INSTALLMAN1DIR=~/perllib/man/man1 INSTALLMAN3DIR=~/perllib/man/man3
	      o conf commit
	      install Term::Gnuplot
	 setenv PERL5LIB ~/perllib