Justin Walker on Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:42:11 +0200

paripriv.h

Hi, all,

I just tripped over a textual glitch in paripriv.h. A couple of lines use the argument "GEN B0". Normally, this seems to work without problem, but I have a kind of odd-ball environment where I'm generating pari as part of a larger clump. It can happen that the file "/usr/include/sys/termios.h" can get included in the file that is including paripriv.h, in which case the compiler may get indigestion (parse error before numeric constant), since in the system include file, the term "B0" will get replaced by "0". "B0" has been around since release 5 of Unix, so it has precedence :-}.

I changed "B0" to "_B0", and it worked without problem. Should I file a bug?

Cheers,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |    Men are from Earth.