Igor Schein on Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:15:16 +0100

Re: read-only variable

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 01:13:20PM -0700, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 05:50:18PM -0400, Igor Schein wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I propose a function protect(var), which would make variable var
> > write-protected for the duration of the session to guard against
> > accidental over-writing.  Is it easy to implement?
> Is not it "the same" as a function without parameters?

True.  However, you have the same problem in this case.  Let's say you

in the beginning of the session.  Then, several days and several
thousand input lines later, you forget what you did in the beginning
and type

I'd be curious to find out if any other mathematical package offers
variable protection feature.  I really feel it's very useful for
interactive sessions.