Bill Allombert on Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:30:06 +0200

Re: asm inline hppa level0 kernel

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 03:05:57PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Hello PARI-dev,
>
> The attached patch replace the asm hppa kernel with a inline version
> that work with gcc.
>
> This is for 32-bit only.
>
> You need to build with --kernel=hppa.

I have commited my patch.

However now I realise that the patch might make a HPUX build to display
HPPA kernel when it fact the portbale kernel is used (for lack of
inline asm support. I will address that later.

I made some research about hppa64, but apparently hppa64 does not
have 64x64->128bit multiply so doing an asm kernel might not worth
the trouble.