Phil Carmody on Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:42:16 +0100

more -fPIC woes, Athlon64

Alas I'm restricted to "debugging by email" and the guy on
the other end isn't 100% sure what's going on, and hence I'm
even less well informed. However, I have reason to suspect
that in config/get_cc

  # Some architectures need -fPIC for building dynamic lib
  case "$osname-$arch" in
    hpux-*|*-ia64|*-alpha) DLCFLAGS=-fPIC ;;

should have
added to the list of architectures that appreciate a -fPIC.

I think that it was agreed that -fPIC should cause no harm
even if not necessary. I beleive the OS of the system in
question is a Gentoo Linux, if that makes any difference.

When inserting a CD, hold down shift to stop the AutoRun feature
In the Device Manager, disable the SbcpHid device.

Do you Yahoo!?