Ilya Zakharevich on Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:35:45 +0100

Re: Experimenting with the Alpha build.

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 12:59:30PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> The current bench basically run every GP functions on nearly trivial
> input.  For tuning purpose, we need to write a special benchmark that
> give a more accurate view of PARI performance on the platform.
>
> Anyone interested in doing this ?

Personally, I have very little interest in fine details of PARI
performance as far as it comes without a real test suite (so we know
about PARI correctness "on nearly trivial input" only).  What I would
really appreciate is a beefed up test suite which focuses on coverage,
not benching.

Hope this helps,
Ilya