Karim BELABAS on Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:45:06 +0100 (MET)

Re: 2 recent changes

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Justin Walker wrote:
> On Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003, at 12:27 US/Pacific, Bill Allombert wrote:
>> PS: What the status of PARI shared library support on Darwin ?
>> I need to port the patch to the new Configure system, but before
>> I need to know what I can merge and what I cannot.
>
> Yes, that's the question.  There were, as I recall, a number of things
> to deal with to get this to work.  I don't have a handle on them all,
> not being proficient with build issues and pari/gp.  I have seen
> Karim's reply, and his plan may be viable (though that's one of those
> areas where I'm [militantly] clueless).
>
> I'll reread the old mail on this subject and see if I can reconstruct
> where we were when I dropped it.

I just added minimal Configure machinery for builtin dlopen support on
Darwin, as well as the relevant files from the dlcompat distribution to CVS.

It might even work out of the box (somehow, I doubt it :-).

    Karim.
--
Karim Belabas                     Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dép. de Mathématiques, Bât. 425   Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19