|Bill Allombert on Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:14:32 +0100|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|Re: 2 recent changes - Mac OS X check|
On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 01:42:58PM -0800, Justin Walker wrote: > >What is the output of > >uname -a > > Darwin grinch 6.4 Darwin Kernel Version 6.4: Wed Jan 29 18:50:42 PST > 2003; root:xnu/xnu-344.26.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc OK. I have commited a new arch-osname that should work OK. > >>2) The build didn't actually succeed; I had to hand-tweak it. There > >>is > >>a spurious "-Wl,,/usr/local/lib" in the 'ld' line that causes a > >>hiccup: > >> ld: can't open: (No such file or directory, errno = 2) > > > >I can reproduce this on a x86 with --host=unknow-darwin I would rather let Karim fix that. > >>3) There are a few oddities in the 'configure' phase I don't yet get: > >> - ...I did not find getrlimit. > >> ...I did not find opendir. > >> These are both in libSystem > > > >PARI only look in libc it seems. > > I was not clear. On Mac OS X, the build (gcc) automatically uses > libSystem. It's the Mac OS X/Darwin version of libc, so I'm unclear as > to why these were missed. I'll review the log later, and see if I can > track this down. It tried to compile config/has_opendir.c and failed. Either it cannot find dirent.h either it cannot find opendir in the default library. I have also added -no-cpp-precomp in get_cc. It was in the old patch. I do not know what it was supposed to achieve, but it was a good idea at the time. Cheers, Bill.