Bill Allombert on Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:32:02 +0100

Re: Question on compiling...

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 06:48:53PM -0600, David Cleaver wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Recently a friend of mine asked if I could compile pari-2.2.5 into a
> windows executable.  I thought I could and set out on the task.  I
> already had egcs and mingw installed on my system and read through all
> the readme's and went out and installed the full cygwin and tex and dvi
> software packages.
>
> Now, the "./configure" runs to completion but none of "make gp" or "make
> install" or "make bench" get very far.  I was wondering if someone might
> be able to tell me what I might be doing wrong [besides not compiling in
> linux ;) ]
>
> The output from "make gp" is:
> Making gp in Ocygwin-

This is very suspect: it should be Ocygwin-i686.
The best bet is that config/arch-osname fail to report your architecture
properly.

config/arch-osname read

  cygwin*)  arch=$HOSTTYPE; osname=cygwin;;

So maybe try to set the environment variable HOSTTYPE to i686
or what is appropriate.

We cannot really help you without the output of ./Configure