James G. McLaughlin on Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:47:57 -0600 (CST)

I am using version 2.1.3 for Windows.

I do not understand why the following code does not work (it is a stripped
down version of a program I was trying to run, stripped as much as
possible to still produce the problem):

print (k);
print (d(5));
for(i = 3,N, print (i);    );

It prints "3" as the value for "k" but then does nothing else - it will
print neither d(5) or any of the "i" values in the "for" loop.

However, if I remove the braces {} from the ends, it works as it should,
printing both the value for d(5) and all the values in the "for" loop.

In the original program, I need the braces because of the program's

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jimmy Mc Laughlin,
Math. Dept.,
Trinity College,