Ilya Zakharevich on Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:55:34 -0800

Re: linker warning

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 04:51:28PM +0100, Karim BELABAS wrote:

> It's a terrible mess. I started to rationalize this by removing the worst
> hacks first (sparc). I'm not claiming the current situation is satisfactory.
> All the more as it seems I've forgotten a case, and hiremainder may not be
> defined [ cf Ilya's and Igor's bug reports ].

Now when hiremainder and friends are never in a register, why not take
them via a pointer supplied to the assembler routines?  I do not see
how this can make a difference (IIUC, this is a pointer on stack
instead of a pointer in the code segment).

This would remove the need for globals at all.

Puzzled,
Ilya