Ilya Zakharevich on Mon, 16 Dec 2002 06:16:39 -0800

Re: Vec vs Vecsmall

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 02:42:32PM +0100, Karim BELABAS wrote:

> The 's*' prototype for Str() conversion is something different.

In fact IMO Str() should be the only function with s* prototype, and
"s" prototype should not allow implicit concatenation.

> Do you prefer
> "string context" and flags [ previous behaviour ] or decent handling of
> multiple arguments, but impossibility of flags [ current ] ?

I do not care much about multiple arguments...

> P.S2: There's still no way to convert integers from base B to base B'.

Given a good modules-in-GP interface (lacking now), and convertors
from integer to char and back, this would be trivial to implement.

Ilya