Ilya Zakharevich on Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:29:47 -0800

Re: Preparing bugfix release 2.1.5

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 07:28:15PM +0100, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> massive changes. So I guess we should freeze it now and postpone:
>
> * Ilya's sizeof(long) and t_EXT patches

sizeof(long) patch would conflict dearly with GMP one (unless one
applies the global-edits to GMP branch simultaneously).

On the other hand, t_EXT is very localized (and fixes 3 bugs with
prototypes too...).  And it allows to address many independent issues
simultaneously...  Why not apply it?

[On the gripping hand, sizeof(long) should be better applied close to
a release of a version so that there is no big ambiguity in which form
to send patches.  On the remaining paw, one can apply the global edits
to *patches* too. ;-]

Yours,
Ilya