Karim BELABAS on Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:45:48 +0100 (MET)

Re: --host in Configure

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Bill Allombert wrote:
> I have made a new patch for Darwin that may work better than the previous one,
> added with the recent change in the CVS.
>
> Please try it.
>
> Also it would be nice to add support in gp2c, but I need more info
> about dlcompat.

Please commit it: it looks OK, and we can always fix problems later; also, it
will be much easier to track down exactly what's going on.

Btw, in the dlcompat distro, there is a very short dlcn_simple.c file (~150
lines of [GPL-ed] C code) providing a complete dlopen()/dlsym()/dlerror()
interface on Darwin.

It looks simpler to just include it in src/systems/darwin, just like Ilya did
for OS/2, than to have elaborate Configure logic to try and detect this
non-standard package ( and document it; most users will simply not know this
may be needed, or how to set it up. )

    Karim.
--
Karim Belabas                    Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dép. de Mathématiques, Bât. 425  Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19