Igor Schein on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:12:24 -0400

Re: make dobench for debugging binary

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 12:54:33PM +0200, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Igor Schein wrote:
> > After recent configuration I can't do make dobench after make dbg -
> > it's looking for a different directory.
> >
> > Unless specified otherwise, I always use latest CVS sources.
>
> What do you mean ? From toplevel directory, you use
>
>   Configure -g && make bench

Doesn't work - it's looking for directory Olinux-alpha, while my
compilation is in directory Olinux-alpha.dbg.

> If you really want to do 'make bench' for a debugging version (what for?),

I've seen a lot of optimization-related bugs, though some of them were
compiler bugs,  not pari bugs.  In that case, I compare make bench
output for debugging and optimized binary, and go from there.

> then 'cd' to the relevant directory (O$osname-$arch.dbg), then execute your
> command. It is of course trivial to add targets [dbg | prf]-bench and so on

Yes, that works.

Thanks

Igor