Philippe Elbaz-Vincent on Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:20:11 +0000 (WET)

[PARI] LGEFBITS and list manipulations

Hi,

I need to manipulate huge lists of data under PARI, and I've noticed that
under a 32 bits architecture, the max length is 65533.

could someone explain to me why on a 32 bits machine LGEFBITS is limited
to 65533, in particular for list creations and manipulations (listcreate,
etc...), I've tried to understand it by looking in gen2.c and the headers
but apparently without success (!)

Usually what is the best way (in term of efficiency) to manipulate lists
of arbitrary length
(but quite large btw) with PARI ?

thanking you in advance.
best, Ph.

Laboratoire Geometrie-Topologie et Algebre. UMR CNRS 5030.
E-mail: pev@math.univ-montp2.fr     | Phone: +33 (0)467143958
http://www.math.univ-montp2.fr/~pev | Fax: +33 (0)467143558