Karim BELABAS on Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:28:51 +0200 (MEST)

Re: PARI for windows

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Charles Mathy wrote:
> Is there a version of PARI available for Windows ME? I know about the
> PARI/GP executable on the FTP server - what I'm looking for is the PARI
> library (probably as a DLL). Does it exist, or is the library version only
> available on Unix?

I have close to no experience with Windows DLL, and I didn't succeed in
building a usable pari DLL on Windows. Using Cygwin gcc, I could build a DLL
(needed a few non obvious fixes in the distribution Makefiles), but gp then
segfaults on startup...  I'll add the request to the TODO list.

Maybe it would be easier with a native Windows compiler ? [the .def files
produced by the Cygwin failed build could be used there]. I have no reports
so far of anyone compiling a pari DLL for Windows.

Sorry,

    Karim.
--
Karim Belabas                    email: Karim.Belabas@math.u-psud.fr