Iwao KIMURA on Thu, 08 Feb 2001 01:34:42 +0900

Re: pari & cygwin insurmountable difficulty saga!

Hi all,

From: hatrick@hushmail.com
Subject: pari & cygwin insurmountable difficulty saga!
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:18:28 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
---snip---

I met same trouble when I tried to compile pari-gp 2.1.0 from the
source on my Microsoft Windows98SE / Cygwin box.

After wasting a few hours, I gave up. But I also found that `make
gp-sta' will build a static version of pari library and gp-sta.exe.
They works well.

The precompiled binary of gp for cygwin environment is available from
ftp://megrez.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/windows/
(This is written in README.WIN file), though I did not try it.

In section 4 of same file,
> It is quite easy to build (or cross-build) GP and readline from the unix
> sources using mingw, but if you have installed mingw you probably also have
> Cygwin, in which case it's even easier to use the generic build process as
> under Unix, as mentioned in Solution 1.

I wonder it is really quite easy or not so easy.

	;#	Iwao KIMURA			;#
	;#	Faculty. Math, Dept. of Sciece	;#
	;#	Toyama University		;#