Bill Allombert on Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:59:05 +0100 (MET)

Re: [PARI]

According to H. Cohen, I use the followiung to cite PARI/GP

\bibitem[PARI]{PARI} PARI, C. \textsc{Batut}, K. \textsc{Belabas},
D. \textsc{Bernardi}, H. \textsc{Cohen} and M. \textsc{Olivier}, {\it User's
Guide to PARI-GP}, version 2.0.21

I agree with Gerhard about dynamic linking.

I feel the only good way to unload a module is as follows:

1) log all install call.
2) for unloading dlclose every fonction in extern modules
3) dlclose all modules
4) resinstall using the log.

Why?
because a module can reference symbols in modules loaded before!
This feature is seldom used, but works.

Since I was too lazy to implement such a thing,
I use the following easy trick:

I create a file 'r' with the install commands and other initialization
steps. When I finish recompiling, I do
\q
gp
\rr