Ilya Zakharevich on Sat, 4 Mar 2000 00:33:59 -0500

Re: Bug in Mod (2.0.15)

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 06:51:04PM +0100, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> >    This is an excerpt from Mod() documentation.  Definitely with
> >    hardware of today we can create billions of objects on the stack, right?
>
> Well, not litteraly billions (unless you're willing to let the machine swap
> to hell and back...), but a bit more than "a few thousand at most".

Who is talking about the swap?  Given the current memory price, you
can have these billions sitting in your core!  ;-)

A got a lot of fun last year when my malloc.c was reported to shave
2.3G from the memory footprint of a chip simulator at Sun (comparing
to Sun's malloc, which in addition to larger footprint is 2.5 times
slower ;-).

Ilya